Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Derek O'Brien

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Liam Israel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2003
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry junkie almost left you out....thanks a kaboodle [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Little Knight's like the Little Knightmare walking in there now, it's totally changed. There is another bar in Costa Mesa across from the old Club Mesa opening up soon, thats suppose to be cool. I was starting to worry about the CM scene, considering Club Mesa and the Tiki bar are gone, and the Galaxy's not doing so well. I'm glad I finally went to the Huddle. If I ever go on a Friday night, I'll tell Dana to point you out to me.

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    whats this i hear? When did Tiki close down. Jesus, i was just there back in September just before i moved out here to Pittsburgh. And the Huddle. Yuck. if its the same one I know (corner of bristol and baker), then it must have really changed cuz i remember going there years ago and all it was was Mullets and 50yr old surfers. I guess the scene has changed.

    I do kinda miss Club Mesa. That was hands down one of the Diviest Dive bars on the west coast. I remember walking in and literally sticking to the floor. Saw some good shows there though. The Mentors, The Vandals, Agent Orange, D.I.. I remember how funny it was. The securtity team were all skinheads. When the band came on, they all stripped their yellow shirts off and started kicking the shit out of people at randam. i had to sit back and laugh some times.

    --steve

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Liam Israel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2003
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Club Mesa was fun, but this new place Detroit that they put in its place is pretty crappy.
    As for the Huddle you're totally right, it used to be pretty much local old drunks, 909 wannabes. But Dana started workin and she hired my friend to work the door so little by little we conquered it. We put in a damn good juke selection too, even though we left some stuff in there for the old 6 AMers.
    I have the feeling that the powers-that-be in Costa Mesa are trying to clean up the west side, so they're takin out all the dives and makin them lounges and junk. Blah not too fun at all.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, Steve the Tiki Bar became Club Rain about a month or so ago. I think they are trying to compete with Detroit, it's more DJ and techno crap. I've heard the Huddle sucked for years, so I never bothered going, and sure enough I was so bummed on the Little Knight last weekend, I decided to go by there, and was pleasantly surprised. Things change! The friend I went with has known Dana for like 15 or 20 years. She was bragging about how they finally got a good selection in the jukebox. I remember the door guy too, he seemed cool.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That Adolescents show is playing my birthday (June 12th), and it's not in LA, it's at the Galaxy. Yeah, my favorite place!! I guess it took a while to get the confirmation on it, but it should be in tomorrows OC Weekly. I'm not sure who's all playing except for Drive by Smile.
    It's going to be a great show though!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    The Danny Glass Trio is playing at La Cave Restaurant in CM on the 12th too. He's the drummer of Royal Crown Revue, and I believe that he also played on Mike Ness's solo album. I'm stoked that I get to go see friends play on my b-day, and it's all cab distance. I don't even have think to about what to do this year, it's just gonna happen. I guess the scene's not doing to bad in Costa Mesa after all.
    Hey Liam, do you live in Costa Mesa too, or just hang out here alot?

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ May 28, 2003 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Erica S ]</font>

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ May 29, 2003 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Erica S ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •